Safety Harbor museum preparing for big changes | Arts & Culture
The Safety Harbor Museum of Regional History is about to get a makeover.
For months, the museum on South Bayshore Blvd. has been closed for renovations, with $150,000 worth of help from the City Commission, as it transforms into a center for arts, culture, and heritage.
Even the museum's website says the domain name has expired.
City staff has been working on a new name and logo for the museum, and they're now set to present their idea to the City Commission. That idea: the Safety Harbor Museum and Cultural Center, with a logo that says "aHa!" an acronym for "arts heritage alive."
That proposal has gone over well with with the Safety Harbor Public Art Committee and Safety Harbor Museum Board. It's also been tested among artists and residents.
The City Commission must approve the name and logo before the change is final.
Upcoming Events near Safety Harbor-East Lake-Oldsmar
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- INVESTIGATORS: Corporation forces homeowners to sell property
- Detectives looking for man who robbed a Palm Harbor Radio Shack
- Detectives arrest Holiday man for child molestation
- Traffic: NB lanes on US 19 at Tampa Rd closed
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Office to conduct joint sobriety checkpoint this weekend