New museum in Safety Harbor kicks off classes | Arts & Culture
Safety Harbor, Florida -- In April, the Safety Harbor Museum of Regional History shut down for a total makeover. This month, the new Safety Harbor Museum and Cultural Center is opening up for classes and workshops.
Most of the classes come in a series of sessions, and appeal to kids or adults.
A "Refrigerator Art" class lets kids and adults work together. "Put a Bow on It!" helps families prepare gift wrapping for the holidays or decorate wreaths.
There's also a Social Media class geared at artists looking to promote their work online, and a workshop called "Solving the Mystery of Characterization" for those who want to write and perform an Agatha Christie-style mystery.
Click here to check out the full list of offerings. The official Grand Opening of the museum will be on Dec. 7, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Safety Harbor-East Lake-Oldsmar
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- INVESTIGATORS: Corporation forces homeowners to sell property
- Detectives looking for man who robbed a Palm Harbor Radio Shack
- Detectives arrest Holiday man for child molestation
- Traffic: NB lanes on US 19 at Tampa Rd closed
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Office to conduct joint sobriety checkpoint this weekend